Chromista / Marvel 2023-10-06
MARVEL+MCDONALD'S - Miss Minutes
Ahead of the release of season 2 of Marvel Studios’ “Loki” series, Disney+ has teamed up with McDonald’s for a number of promotional stunts – from the restaurant's appearance in the show to a specially themed Sweet ‘N Sour sauce.The campaign also includes a series of 5 animated films created by Chromista agency and produced by LOBO. Featuring Miss Minutes, the animated mascot of the Time Variance Authority, the shorts play like informational videos – or “handy handbook how-to’s” – for TVA’s employees, instructing newcomers on how to deal with events such as getting stuck in a time loop or the dreadful Butterfly Effect, while also reinforcing the organization’s draconian workplace policies.The nostalgic look and feel of the pieces was a delight to work with, us being big fans of the 1950s “cartoon modern” illustration and animation style. Directors Thiago Martins and Mateus de Paula Santos borrowed cues from the masters at UPA, Terrytoons, Warner Bros. and other classic studios and remained as faithful to their aesthetic as possible, working mostly in 2D animation and a flat, streamlined graphic style, with low frame rates, grainy textures and soft edges that also contribute to a vintage feel.
MARVEL+MCDONALD'S - Miss Minutes "Trapped in a time loop"
MARVEL+MCDONALD'S - Miss Minutes "Butterfly effect"
MARVEL+MCDONALD'S - Miss Minutes "Tech Tips"
MARVEL+MCDONALD'S - Miss Minutes "17 Minutes"
- Agency Chromista / Marvel
- Directors Mateus de Paula Santos, Thiago Martins
- Animation Director Thiago Martins
- Executive Producer Luis Ribeiro
- Head of Production Marcelo Barbosa
- Producer Pablo Zurita
- Post-Production Coordinator Rosangela Gomes
- Post-Production Producer Israel Requene
- Storyboard / Animatic Thiago Martins
- Animation Karem Tiemi, Chan, Thiago Martins
- Character Design Pedro Jones, Thiago Martins
- Compositing / Effects Julio Saez, Bruno Ronzani
- Audio / Sound Design Duotone
- Audio Producers Gio Lobato, Greg Tiefenbrun
- concepts Karem Tiemi, Chan, Thiago Martins
Back to works
y o u